Pharmacy ClerkApply Job ID PHAR753300 Date posted Sep. 28, 2018
MedCart pharmacy clerks enjoy working in a specialty pharmacy setting that provides total health care to their patients. Join us in making a difference in the lives of our patients, customers, and communities.
Job Description: We are looking for dedicated clerks who are friendly, energetic, detail-orientated, and fast and want to work in a cutting-edge environment focused on individualized patient care.
POSITION: Pharmacy Clerk: The Pharmacy Clerk assists the Pharmacy Manager and/or Staff Pharmacist with order completion and record keeping support to the limited extent permitted under the Business and Professions Code.
NATURE AND SCOPE: The primary responsibility for this position is to efficiently ship and complete pharmacy fulfillment orders. Primary learning challenge is computer operation and accuracy. To be effective in this position the incumbent must have the ability to communicate with customers and other associates within the pharmacy. Furthermore, the Pharmacy Clerk may only engage in those activities permitted under prevailing state and/or Federal pharmacy regulations as well as store and Pharmacy department policies and procedures. Knowledge of pharmacy operations is preferred for this position. The incumbent must be organized, be able to work on several tasks at one time, and work with minimum supervisors. The incumbent must possess strong customer service, interpersonal and communication skills.
- High school graduate or successfully completed a General Educational Development program. Keyboarding, typing, and PC skills.
- Ability to perform basic (high school level) math, writing and reading skills
- Ability to assess a situation and make a proper decision based upon policies, guidelines and applicable State or Federal laws.
- Good customer service skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Good phone etiquette.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Responsible for accurately processing customer orders, ensuring price and shipping accuracy.
- Follows proper payment and Point-of-Sale procedures.
- Notifies appropriate supervisor of copay and shipping discrepancies.
- Ensures positive customer relations when applicable.
- Organizes and cleans.
- Other support duties assigned as allowed by Board of Pharmacy regulations Pharmacy clerks
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ability to communicate through two-way verbal and written communication (speech, hearing and writing).
- Ability to operate and use as needed various office equipment (personal computer, telephone, fax).
- Ability to work extended hours, including weekends and evenings.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to write and see things in-close proximity (reading distance).
- Ability to comprehend written and verbal communication.
- Ability to read/view computer screens for extensive periods of time.
- Excellent computer, typing, communication, and arithmetic (including decimals and percentages) skills
- Ability to learn and accurately operate pharmacy computer systems, cash register, and other equipment.
- Excellent multi-tasking, accuracy, and attention to detail skills.
- Flexibility to work weekends, nights, and holidays, as required.
- Must be able to lift and carry items, as well as stand for duration of shift unless on break
Albertsons is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (MFDV) and welcomes diverse talent and backgrounds.