BASIC PURPOSE AND FUNCTION: Ensures the cleanliness of the warehouse floors, break rooms and restrooms. Empties trash in all areas of the warehouse as needed. Maintains cleanliness of outdoor trash disposal area and the outside grounds.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains cleanliness of the warehouse. Responds to spill calls over intercom and cleans warehouse racking and within individual slots of damaged product, spills, broken cases and pallets.
- Sweeps, mops restroom and break room floors, and cleans restroom fixtures nightly. Restocks paper towels and toilet paper. Empties trash and dusts.
- Empties all outdoor trash cans. Maintains cleanliness of the disposal area. May be required to scrub the outside entrance area of the warehouse.
- To collect and separate recyclable items such as (plastic, wood, cardboard, etc.) in the warehouse.
- Follows company cleaning procedures. Ensures a safe work environment.
- Responsible for performing all job duties with honesty and integrity.
SKILLS, PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Ability to reach and lift cleaning work aides, supplies and trash cans weighing up to approximately 50 lbs. on the average and 70-100 lbs. on occasion. Ability to push and pull heavy sanitation work supply carts. Ability to drive floor cleaning machinery and motorized pallet jacks.
- Manual dexterity, overall coordination and good balance are required. Ability to bend, stoop, twist and turn frequently. Ability to do repetitious arm movements required for cleaning procedures. Ability to use and operate related work aides such as: brooms, mops, warehouse floor scrubber and pallet jacks.
- Mental alertness is necessary to ensure safe and accurate completion of work activities. Ability to learn proper sanitation procedures. Ability to learn safe operation of floor scrubbing equipment and motorized pallet jacks. Ability to read and comprehend labels on cleaning supplies and hazardous materials throughout the facility.
- Exposure to potential hazards exists with respect to warehouse machinery, equipment and work aides necessary to perform job duties. Hands are frequently exposed to water and cleaning agents. Occasional exposure to facility pest control fumes. Work place temperature ranges are consistent by department. Employees may work in areas with approximate temperatures ranging from 80 degrees to -0 degrees F. In cases of temperature ranges outside the norm, Personal Protective Equipment is provided. Employees may be required to work at second or third story levels when performing work in conveyable selection systems. Noise exposure is within normal warehouse expectations.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification; they are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of a personnel so classified.