BASIC PURPOSE AND FUNCTION: To repair and maintain all facilities on the Melrose Park complex; to prepare and complete documentation.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To maintain all material handling equipment including mechanical systems, hydraulic and electronic systems, gas and arc welding.
- To perform maintenance functions in all facilities on the Melrose Park complex including HVAC systems, grounds keeping, general building, road work and snow removal.
- To separate recyclable items should as (scrap metal, batteries, and equipment).
- To assist in maintaining of the fire protection systems for the Melrose Park complex
- Prepare and complete documentation required by the Company and/or Manager.
SKILLS, PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Exposure to constant or intermittent sounds of a loud pitch or level. Hearing protection required in areas where noise level exceeds 85db.
- Must be licensed to drive Company vehicles
- Must have experience as a lift truck mechanic
- Must be able to interact with and direct other Engineers
- Must be able to read and interpret schematics and manuals.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds and to stand, walk, bend, stoop, twist and turn frequently. Ability to do repetitious arm, wrist and hand movements required for maintenance and service procedures. Must be about to work with hands and arms overhead, and to work in or under the equipment. Requires manual dexterity, overall coordination and good balance to work both at ground level and in high places to perform job duties. Ability to operate work related equipment such as maintenance related power equipment and hand tools, forklifts, and pallet jacks and diagnostic equipment.
- Mental alertness is necessary to ensure safe and accurate completion of work activities. Ability to learn and follow Company and Distribution Center policies regarding safe operation of forklifts and pallet jacks, maintenance related power equipment and hand tools. Ability to learn and follow Distribution Center paperwork policies and procedures encompassing Purchase Orders, Parts Requisitions and Inventory and Maintenance Orders. Ability to read and comprehend all labeling on hazardous materials and equipment in the facility.
- Exposure to potential hazards exists with respect to equipment and materials necessary to perform job functions. Potential exposure exists to high voltage current, welding equipment, vehicle and equipment lubricants and solvents. Work in areas with approximate temperatures ranging from above 80 degrees to -0 degrees F. In cases of exposure to temperature ranges outside the norm, Personal Protective Equipment is provided. Employees may be required to work at second or third story levels when performing work in conveyable selection systems.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification; they are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of a personnel so classified.