BASIC PURPOSE AND FUNCTION: To ensure the proper assembling of product in an accurate, productive and safe manner
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Use of Vocollect device to ensure the correct assembly of product
- Occasional use of Red Prairie Computer Terminal on associate's shift to record a change in labor standard activities
- Drive to specific voice pick slots
- Picking product in the first and second level pick slots
- Pull empty pallets in the Flow racks, slide and lift into pallet return slot
- Assemble and shrink wrap pallet for shipping
- Proper pallet construction, ensuring product reaches the customer
- Responsible for performing all job duties with honesty and integrity
- Other duties as assigned by management
SKILLS, PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Work schedules five -- six days a week
- Basic math skills are required
- Ability to reach and to lift product selected weighing up to approximately 90 lbs. with an average case weight of 28 lbs.
- Manual dexterity, overall coordination and good balance are required. Ability to speak, stand, walk and move rapidly for entire work shift. Ability to bend, stoop, twist and turn frequently. Ability to do repetitious arm movements above and below shoulder level required for selection of product. Ability to use and operate related work aides to include motor driven pallet jacks and forklifts in a safe, productive manner.
- Mental alertness is necessary to ensure safe and accurate completion of work activities. Ability to learn proper selection procedures, shipping and receiving techniques, computerized inventory procedures and safe operating techniques of motor driven pallet jacks and forklifts.
- Exposure to potential hazards exists with respect to equipment necessary to perform job duties. Occasional exposure to facility pest control fumes.
- Work place temperature ranges are consistent by department. Employees work in departments which may range in temperatures from 80 degrees to -20 degrees F. In cases of temperature ranges outside the norm, Personal Protective Equipment is provided.
- Noise exposure is within normal warehouse expectations. Earplugs are available upon request.
- Work is performed under typical warehouse conditions. Potential hazards exist with regard to machinery such as forklifts, pallet jacks, mechanized systems, movement of tractors and trailers, etc. Work environment is hectic and fast paced.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification; they are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of a personnel so classified.