Supervise warehouse facilities, equipment, merchandise movement, and employees on one shift to ensure
accurate, economical, and efficient operation. Ensure that all functions are performed within Company,
Distribution Center, and Department guidelines.
Accountable and Reports to: Warehouse Operations Manager
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Supervise warehouse activities to include: proper receiving, stacking, and storage of inbound merchandise, and the accurate and timely shipment of all outbound merchandise. Control production standards and accuracy of shipments
- Ensure that all policies, laws, safety, security, sanitation, and pest control codes are adhered to by all associates on a daily basis. Report any violations or problems to the Warehouse Operations Manager.
- Ensure that all policies, laws, safety, security, sanitation, and pest control codes are adhered to by all associates on a daily basis. Report any violations or problems to Warehouse Manager
- Ensure that all inbound merchandise is inspected and corrected as ordered. If product is defective or incorrect, take appropriate action to rectify errors
- Assist in decisions regarding space allocation, slotting of merchandise, and inventory control
- Help resolve customer complaints regarding load condition, out-of-stocks, and delivery schedules
- Assist in the preparation and effective administration of warehouse budget. Evaluate equipment needs and make recommendations to the Warehouse Manager
- Plan and assign work of associates for the most efficient use of personnel and equipment; recommend and implement improvements, under the direction of Manager, to promote accurate and improved service and lower operating costs
- Periodically audit procedures and systems to ensure that the staff and associates are following established/preferred methods
- Develop good working relationships with all Company office and store personnel and with outside vendors and salespeople
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS: (These are considered occasional in nature)
- Perform related duties as assigned by Manager
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB:
- Bachelor's degree preferred but not require.
- Previous experience and/or formal training or education in warehouse operations, preferably with the
- Parent Company or in the grocery industry
- Possess working knowledge of material handling equipment and general warehousing operations.
- Must have working knowledge of government regulations pertaining to warehouse operations
- Possess good supervisory skills and the ability to work with and through others to achieve desired results
- Possess good communications skills, both oral and written. Deal effectively with a wide variety of people both in person and over the telephone
- Prior experience with personal computer applications helpful
- Requires the analytical ability to handle administrative duties and mental alertness to ensure accurate, safe, and thorough completion of work activities. Possess ability to concentrate and deal with frequent
- Work is performed under typical warehouse conditions. Potential hazards exist with regard to machinery such as forklifts, pallet jacks, mechanized systems, movement of tractors and trailers, etc.
- Work environment is hectic, demanding, and fast paced.
- Flexible in schedule to include overnight shifts and the ability to work in temps down to -20°
EQUIPMENT USED TO PERFORM JOB:
- Incumbent will use calculators, keyboards, telephones, and other office equipment in the course of the workday
- Has daily contact with co-workers, suppliers/vendors and customers